
Tears roll down my eyes while typing this. Greg Oden, as of right now, is a bust. I never imagined myself typing these words. Ever. Greg Oden, the manchild, who should have been tearing the NBA a new asshole by this time. Greg Oden, the adonis who I have worshipped for the past 4 years. Greg Oden, the next Sam Bowie? Since high school I have watched Oden, and was frustrated enough last year having to wait yet another season to see the big man play in the NBA. Then, finally, this season came, and, sitting in disbelief in front of the TV, Greg Oden fell to the ground with an ankle injury. Now, when this injury occured, and I heard the constant terrorizing "bust" comments coming from my friends, a tiny part of me agreed with them. However, I kept my faith, waiting for his return. I even bought my own Oden jersey, a must have for any avid fan. However, when he returned, Oden was not the same dominating presence he had been in the past. He looked old, (hilarious considering that he actually does look old despite his young age) out of shape, and just genuinely not good. His shots were way off, he was hacking, making horrible decisions, and turning the ball over nonstop. He has continually played sparing minutes because of his inability to stay out of foul trouble, and has been abused by the veteran bigs every time he has played. Now, I am hoping that I, and the rest of the world, are wrong. I genuinely think he someday will be big. Maybe its just a rookie thing? (Talk to Derrick Rose and O.J. Mayo about a "rookie thing") But for now, I am finally admitting, Greg Oden is not good. Maybe this will spark some success in the big guy, through some paranormal event. But probably not. Better luck next year.
1 comment:
this must be heart-breaking for you. i know how much you love him!
Post a Comment