Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Summer Heights, Movie Recs, and Christopher Walken

Hey everyone. Wind chills hittin -25 or lower tomorrow, bundle your shit up (yeah you like that blue color? Just realized I can do that. Powerful.). That type of coldness doesn't mess around. My car's actually been frosting over on the inside, so i have to use the scraper inside my car and it looks dumb, and I end up with the shavings all over myself. Embarrassing. Alright, on to the first topic. Summer Heights High. For those who don't watch it, myself included, its that show with the Australian, or British, or whatever accents. I think everyone can say they've heard at least one person in the hall say "F*** you, miss!". Well guess what? F*** you right back. Every time I hear someone say that, something snaps inside me. I have seen one episode. Yeah, lets all bitch me out for judging it without even seeing the whole show. Make my day. Its not my type of humor. Its dumb, in my opinion. That's the last I'm going to say about the quality of the show, cuz I'm actually not going to be that ass who judges it without seeing it. I am, however, going to bitch out every person whose day revolves around saying "public schools are random" or something about the character Mr.G (I've seen one episode and I know the whole premise, quotes, main characters, everything you could ever want to know). Remember when Dane Cook became popular and then everyone started saying his jokes until they weren't funny anymore? Step in line, Summer Heights High. Just like every other indie/grass roots show/movie/anything, as it gains popularity, its fans become bigger and bigger douches. This show is at that level. I don't care if you like that show when I don't, but I do start to care when you run around quoting it all day long. So a little message to all you Summer Heights High fans: Tone that shit down. That is all. Thanks, Love Zach.




To my second topic, or list. I enjoyed compiling the top beards list last post, so I decided to keep up the list theme, and go with 3 movies you might not have seen but should see immediately.





In order, number 1, my favorite movie of all time, Almost Famous: Kate Hudson, Billy Crudup, Phillip Seymour Hoffman: If you love music, this movie will change your life. Directed by Cameron Crowe, who followed the Grateful Dead around as a journalist, this movie is based off of his life. Following the fictional band Stillwater (whose songs should be real cuz they rock) on tour, a young teenager opens himself to a whole new culture, and a whole new life. An amazing soundtrack, great performances, and just an overall phenomenal movie. See it. Now.





Number 2. Lucky Number Slevin: Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Lucy Liu: Josh Hartnett gets involved in a case of mistaken identity and becomes part of a crime situation between two crime bosses, "The Rabbi" and "The Boss". Great premise, tons of twists, a really interesting movie to watch.





Number 3, The Prestige: Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson: If you like magic, this movie is for you. Another movie with tons of twists and turns, the end will blow your mind. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are two rival magicians with a history of hatred. The duel to out do the other becomes deadly, and leads both magicians to the brink of insanity. Check it out.





Finally, to my man, Christopher Walken. I love your acting. Not because it's just flat out amazing. What I love about you is the fact that you take absolutely any role thrown at you. You are literally in every movie. Well, not literally, but you get the point. You aren't afraid to take an unusual or crazy role, because you just love what you do. I've made a list of my favorite Christopher Walken movies, out of the thousands to pick from. In no particular order: The Rundown, Click, Balls of Fury, Joe Dirt, Catch Me If You Can, Deer Hunter, Wayne's World 2, Kangaroo Jack, Wedding Crashers, and Blast From the Past. That's a powerful list, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Thanks for your passion to be awesome at acting, Christopher. You rock.





Finally, a question for everyone... When playing monopoly, which monopoly is your favorite one to have? You can name the properties or the color.





Stay warm yall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like orange

Chelle said...

HAHAH.
i'm gonna ignore the rest of your post and only respond to your monopoly question (does this say anything about me..?)

i like the orange best. hell, i'll even name the properties: st. james, tennessee, new york avenue. are you intimidated by my monopoly supremacy, zach?

oh P.S. i am going to watch lucky number slevin because JOSH HARTNETT is in it! woo-eee!

love,
michelle lee

Anonymous said...

i like the thimble. (i'm not 100% positive if this was the answer to your question, but i'm saying it anyways)
Oh, and i know i was a little under the influence but i remember you saying i was gonna get a shout out! Come on now, i was looking forward to see my name in print.

Anonymous said...

AH SO TRUE! I hate the cage! I've had to park there for the past two days and it was hell walking there and back...

Anonymous said...

Oops, wrong post. I hate blogger.